Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I confess...

I'm diabetic (type II) and I am 25 years old. This blog is going to be me talking about different things from my work outs, weight-loss and fitness goals to my blood-sugars, medications and anxieties. I am currently 392 lbs, though if you saw me on the street you probably wouldn't guess that much. At this point I am doing high intensity weight-lifting and even though I'm watching my calorie intake I have flat lined when comes to weight loss and have even gained some, though most of it is muscle. Because of this I am going to start adding in the "Couch to 5K" jogging exercises into my routine. This will hopefully do a couple of things: 1) aerobic exercise helps keep blood-sugars low and 2) it will increase my metabolism and help me loose fat weight. Though HIT with weights helps my blood-sugars stay low all around it is not helping me loose weight any more. So, hopefully, my post tomorrow will be about my first Cto5K workout.

PS: Look out for random recipes that I will post. I will try to add pictures at some point as well as nutritional info!

No comments:

Post a Comment