Thursday, January 27, 2011

get your run on!

Ok, ok, and by run I mean jog and by jog I mean a slightly faster walk than your normal walk. Today I did my first bout of couch to 5K and it went alright. I down loaded the app on to my phone so it would beep every time I needed to go from walking to jogging and vice versa. So I did about 20 minutes of cardio today and I was tired but in a good way. I also made sure to take it very slow at the beginning and work my way up to a pace that got my heart beat into the range that I wanted it in and not over, which was what I was worried about.

In other awesome news KC is THE best person ever because she got me 2 cooking books done by the "Eat This, Not That" book series. The book series tells you what is healthy to eat at restaurants and what isn't but in these two books it is "Cook This, Not That". So it takes the recipes from different places and tells you a more healthy way to make it at home quickly and easily. It gives the nutritional break down of both what they want you to make as well as what you would boughten. OH! They also give you an estimate to how much each serving costs as well as the cost (at the time of publishing) the item at the restaurant would be. So you can even see how much you would be saving. Hopefully I will make some soon and throw the recipe as well as a pic up for you all.

The one thing that I want to leave you with though is how AWESOME(!!!!) Greek style yogurt is for you compared to other things. They talk about Fage Total 2% yogurt. In a 6oz swerving it has 90 calories 0g fat and only 7g of sugars! 7g of SUGAR?!?!? Really? Dude that is about 4 times LESS than Yoplait and Fage has about half of the calories. The Greek yogurt also has 3 times the protein as the other yogurts, not to mention the amino acids, and because of all of this it is their choice thing to eat after a workout. So yeah, if you want you should try it because I am going to.

1 comment:

  1. I eat a lot of Greek style yogurt, actually... And it's pretty simple to make at home, too. It's basically yogurt that is strained long enough to thicken but not long enough to become fresh cheese. I'm glad you've discovered it and hope you like it! It's also a great sour cream replacer.

    ReplyDelete