Friday, February 11, 2011

A warning from the past.

This is my Dad's fifth year anniversary of his death. He was very sick for a very long time. One of the things that gave him the most health complications was diabetes. One of the things I remember the most about him is how his neuropathy made even light hugs hurt. I know that I haven't been very good about taking my blood sugars once the doctor told me that my A1c was under where they wanted it to be. I know that I haven't been taking my medication as often as I should. I know what my excuses are. I know why I don't. Today though, I'm going to take this more seriously. I am going to take my blood sugars before and after dinner and post them just to show everyone that I actually did. I am going to take my meds at lunch and not just dinner. I am not going to let myself slip into the comfortable arms of ignorance, because I know what can happen when I become ignorant to the state of my diabetes and it scares me... Sorry for such a down post but I think I needed to remind myself of the goal that I originally put before myself once I got the diagnosis: Get my sugars low enough that I don't need meds! So here I am renewing this goal and trying to force my eyes back to the prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment